RECIPE FOR ALL DAY “BOMB PROOF” EYE COLOUR
A few basic steps and your peepers can look great all day and into evening for drinks with friends, your hubby, or a new squeeze! So, if you’ve got a special date planned or event to go to, and want to prevent makeup meltdown by the end of it, follow my tried and true tricks below for unbelievably long wearing eye makeup. This is my “Bomb Proof” formula for eye makeup.
1. Start with an eye primer. I like the one from Urban Decay in the purple tube.
2. Add a silicone based water proof concealer or foundation or an eye base that prevents colour creasing/fading. Try FACE Atelier’s concealer duets or Ultra Foundation or Sorme’s eye base.
3. Now powder that lid ladies!!! Use a colourless, super fine milled translucent powder. I like Laura Mercier, Kett and FACE Atelier’s powder.
4. Hit it with some crease proof cream eye colour. Some of my favourites include MAC Paints, Sephora waterproof pencils (chubby ones), L’Oreal long wear cream colour and Cover Girl liquid eye colours. Do your lower lids if you like a little colour along your lower lash line.
5. Add a little more translucent colourless powder to lock that in.
6. Top off your upper and lower lids (if you’ve added colour there) with powder eye shadow. Then add a little more pigment in the form of loose pigment. I love FACE Atelier’s pigments, Naked, Obsessive Compulsive and Kett loose pigments.
7. For liner use a waterproof pencil, gel liner or liquid liner. You can start with a pencil or gel, smudge over it with an eyeshadow in a matching colour and top it off with a stronger, un-smudged liner in pencil, gel or liquid. Long wearing liner or gel liner also works well in the waterline. It lasts way longer than khol. Lining the inside of the eye doesn’t typically last the entire day though. This is the one thing that may need touching up. If you don’t like colour on the waterline, try a nude pencil to brighten and remove any trace of red eye. Nars has one that works and lasts amazingly well. It’s great when you’re trying to hide lack of sleep Some of my other favourite brands for liners include Makeup Forever, Mac, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Revlon.
8. If you can manage lashes, add a few singles in different lengths, curl your lashes then coat them with a waterproof mascara that’s gentle on the lashes. Try FACE Atelier’s “cry baby”. If any glue is visible along your lash line, add a little more liner to cover it up.
That’s it…I guarantee you can sleep in this, wake up and go to breakfast or brunch looking fabulous!
Here’s to Getting Gorgeous,